The center-based program helps youth and young adults (ages 16-24) earn a high school or equivalency diploma and then go on to college, vocational training, or the work force. Working with an adviser, participants develop a personal, achievable plan for the future.
Our training and learning center is located at 256 Washington Street, Mount Vernon.
High school equivalency pathways are:
- HSE/TASC is for those seeking to obtain a high school equivalency diploma. The five subjects covered are math, language arts (reading and writing), science, and social studies. The HSE/TASC replaces the GED. This course is offered at no cost to the participant.
Participants take part in:
- Life skills coaching and connections to community resources to help the young person realize their potential and focus on their goals.
- The Workforce Readiness Curriculum workshops (READI) to develop interpersonal skills, communication skills, and a strong work ethic.
- Certified vocational training opportunities for high-demand jobs in construction. See more under FutureWorks.
- Career exploration and job placement based on the young person's interests and abilities.
- Hands-on work experiences and internships with support from an employment specialist.
FutureWorks! is a FREE construction training and certification program for people 17-24 years old from Mount Vernon and New Rochelle. Follow this link to learn more. FutureWorks! is funded through the Westchester Community Foundation.
Learn more about our job readiness programs and vocational services.
Want to help? Here are a few ways you can volunteer:
- Make connections and open doors to local businesses
- Provide an internship at your place of employment (in some cases TGCW can pay a stipend).
- Make a presentation about your career path or a specific field of interest.
- Introduce a youth or young adult to someone who works in their field of interest.
- Join our Advisory Board. Email us to learn more.
Ready to enroll a young person or not sure where to start? Email us. Call 914-613-0700 x7089.