Substance Use Treatment Programs
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 911. If you want information about treatment, call 914-613-0700. This is a non-emergency line and is not staffed after hours.
Those with substance use issues can start on a comprehensive road to recovery at The Guidance Center of Westchester. We offer two programs:
- METRO - Chemical Dependency Treatment Center located in New Rochelle focuses on opiate-based addiction recovery (including addiction to heroin and prescription pain medications). This program uses medication assisted treatment (methadone). Our professionally trained and licensed staff provides: individual and group counseling; community-based referrals; mental health treatment; vocational and job assistance. Contact us for additional information.
- Sunrise (formerly known as Open Door) located in Mount Vernon is an outpatient substance use treatment clinic for adolescents and adults with alcohol and other controlled substance use issues.
Not sure what to do? Contact us for a confidential assessment either for yourself or a child. If our services are not right for you, we will refer you to appropriate treatment. Call 914-613-0700.
- Center for College & Careers (Mount Vernon High School, New Rochelle High School, Nelson Mandela High School)
- Early Childhood Education (Creative Learning Center, child care, pre-school, Universal Pre-K)
- Housing Services
- Mental Health Services (outpatient clinics, PROS)
- Substance Use Treatment (medication assisted therapy, outpatient substance use clinic)