Our vocational services provide training, educational support, and job coaching to help people gain employment. We work with people who have mental health and substance use disorders, as well as young adults who did not attain a high school diploma and those looking to improve their skills and training to gain employment.
With our support, participants prepare for and secure job interviews, access community resources, complete and file applications for technical schools and post-secondary education, and develop an attainable plan for employment or continuing education.
- Supported employment
- Job search and job placement
- Resume writing and interview skills
- Job coaching
- Work experience internships
- Vocational assessment
- Education and career planning
- Job retention support
- Benefits and workplace accommodations counseling
- Pre-employment services for students and young adults
- Career planning
Programs and Eligibility
- Core Rehabilitation Services (CRS) through NYS ACCES VR offers many career and employment services for adults and young adults with mental health, learning, and substance use disorders who live in Westchester, the Bronx, and Manhattan. These include supported employment, job placement, and work experience development. We can assist with the ACCES VR application process. Email us about ACCES VR.
- Personalized Recovery-Oriented Services (PROS) offers adults with mental illness employment assistance through the evidence-based model of Individual Placement and Support featuring rapid job placement and ongoing employment support. See our PROS page. Email us.
- Home and Community Services (HCBS) for adults and youth with HARP Medicaid managed care offers education and employment support, pre-vocational services, and intensive job search assistance, in the community, school, or workplace. See the flyer here. Email us.
- FutureWorks! is a FREE construction certification and training program funded by the Westchester Community Foundation. FutureWorks! is available to Mount Vernon and New Rochelle residents ages 17- 24 years who have a high school diploma or GED/HSE. FutureWorks! opens the door for young people to earn the certification necessary to obtain a job in the high-demand field of construction. FutureWorks! is run through our Center for College & Careers in partnership with Soulful Synergy. See the flyer here. Register online here. Call 914-613-0700 x7093. Email us.
- Vocational Assistance Program (VAP) helps people who have substance use disorders and are referred from one of six partner sites in the county . Counselors help participants develop personal vocational goals and maintain long-term recovery from substance use. Email us. Call 914-613-0700 x7225
- Job readiness training is for young adults 16-24 years old who want to attain a high school equivalency diploma and explore opportunities for employment. This program is FREE for qualifying participants from New Rochelle, Mount Vernon, Mamaroneck, and surrounding communities. Funded through WIOA, TGCW is the lead agency for READI Westchester. Email us.
- Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) partners with local businesses to expose young people to the workforce so that they can earn a paycheck. Our SYEP is for youth from New Rochelle. SYEP is funded through the Westchester-Putnam Local Workforce Investment Board. Business owners interested in providing a work opportunity to a young person can email us. Call 914-613-0700 x7089. See photos from our past SYEP ceremonies. This program is contingent upon funding.
Adult and young adults who want to obtain a high school equivalency diploma should visit our Center for College & Careers page.